- Perpetuate the common sense use and enjoyment of horses in America’s back country and wilderness areas.
- Work to ensure that public lands remain open to recreational stock use.
- Assist the various government and private agencies in their maintenance and management of said resources.
- Education, encourage and solicit active participation in the wise and sustaining use of the back country resource by horsemen and the general public commensurate with our heritage.
- Foster and encourage the formation of new Back Country Horsemen chapters within Colorado.